View more the latest threads:
- CS504 Software Engineering - I Assignments No.04 (Non...
- ISL201 Islamic Studies Assignments No.02 Last date Date...
- STA301 - Statistics and Probability Assignment No.2 Last...
- ACC 501 Business Finance Assignment no. 2 (Non-graded) 6th...
- CS403 - Database Management Systems Assignment No. 03 Close...
- CS501 Advance Computer Architecture Assignment No. 04 ...
- PSY403 Social Psychology Assignment No. 02 Due Date:...
- MTH401 Differential Equations Assignment No. 02 Last Date:...
- VU passing criteria
- MTH603 - Numerical Analysis Assignment No. 02 Fall Semester...
Nadler’s requirements for organization change
For Nadler requirements for organizational change are three:
1. Motivating change
2. Managing the transition
3. Shaping the political dynamics of change
Nadler is a very well known figure in management research and consultancy. He recommended the following prerequisites for installing a change in an
1. Motivating Change (attitude-to-behavioral change approach)
It focuses on two method of manipulating attitude and behavioral change:
i) Persuasion / Cognitive / Emotional method (based on psychotherapy)
ii) Rational / Intellectual method (based on cost-and-benefit analysis method)
Hence managers get motivated on the above identified ways ad means.
2. Managing the Transition
Manager ought to develop switching skills in order to develop and acquire skills
and values of newer systems, processes, technologies, and even to new strategies.
Whenever an organization is in transition,
It means that managers and organizations have to bear the burden of both
systems; newer and the older one. In this situation a balance is required for
achieving the harmony and smooth progression from turning one system to
another one is extremely difficult. This has been earlier explained to you in
3. Shaping the political Dynamics of Change
When change occurs in an organization an environment of politics emerge
automatically as change creates winners and losers. The results would be the
winners and losers will engage in organization conflict. So at this situation a
dominant condition of interest is required for resolution of the conflict.
Though it appears simplistic but the author analysis show that environmental
factors are more likely to pose potential threats to an organization’s well-being, while structural factors are an organization’s major means of achieving success or, at least, coping with threats.
Semester “Spring 2011”
“Change Management (MGMT625)”
Assignment No. 2 Marks: 15
“Injecting a new system!!”
Punjab Public Library of Pakistan is one of the oldest libraries of the town founded in 1884
having total volume of around 259,000 books. As it serves the masses therefore government
decided to make the procedures of library a little efficient for which government provide
excessive funds to its Chief librarian.
The chief librarian decided to replace the manual catalogs with the computerized ones in the
library, in order to compete with the other libraries.
Chief librarian floated this idea among his staff and asked for their suggestions &
recommendations to ensure whether this plan can be implemented or not. He called group
meetings to discuss this issue and even he talked face to face individually to every member
involved in the manual catalog systems of the library. According to him it is mandatory to
discuss because they would be the individuals who have to run the computerized system,
therefore, they are required to be informed about this change.
This proposal of chief librarian looked attractive to the whole staff as they were convinced that
injection of computers will make their search convenient and less time taking. Moreover, the
employees will also get chance to upgrade themselves with the computer functioning which has
become an essential requirement for every literate person. This is more like a personal benefit
of self development for employees but this personal interest may lead to change acceptance.
The transformation started and the manual system was entered in the computer databases
gradually rather than abruptly. The shift was slow as first staff was provided training about the
simple use of computer applications. The staff members were totally ignorant to the use of
computer systems. In addition to this most of the staff was senior and well trained in operating
manual catalogs. Therefore, the computer training and teaching data entrance retrieval
techniques were time consuming. Another important aspect is this that they maintain the
manual catalog parallel to the computerized catalogs, this help them in recovering any data
loss. The changeover was slow but effective as it lessen the chances of failure to the greater
1. Read the above scenario carefully and identify & categorize the change activities as the
following three requirements of Nadler Model of change.
�� Motivating change
�� Managing the transition
�� Shaping the Political dynamics
5 marks each
Word limit: 250 words
1. This Assignment can be best attempted from the knowledge acquired after
watching video lecture no. 30 to lecture no. 33---and reading handouts as well as
recommended text book).
2. Video lectures can be downloaded for free from Only the registered members can see the link. Register here.
3. Assignment will be straight away marked ZERO if copied from any source. Copy
Paste from Internet is highly discouraged.
Opening Date and Time June 20th ,2011 At 12:01 A.M. (Mid-Night)
Due Date and Time June 24th, 2011 At 11:59 P.M. (Mid-Night)
Note: Only in the case of Assignment, 24 Hrs extra / grace period after the above mentioned
due date is usually available to overcome uploading difficulties which may be faced by the
students on last date. This extra time should only be used to meet the emergencies and above
mentioned due dates should always be treated as final to avoid any inconvenience.
Please read the following instructions carefully before attempting the assignment solution.
• Make sure that you upload the solution file before the due date. No
assignment will be accepted through e-mail once the solution has been
uploaded by the instructor.
• Use the font style “Times New Roman” and font size “12”.
• It is advised to compose your document in MS-Word 2003.
• Use black and blue font colors only.
• Use APA style for referencing and citation. For guidance search “APA
reference style” in Google and read various website containing
information for better understanding or visit
Only the registered members can see the link. Register here
• Every student will work individually and has to write in the form of an
• Give the answer according to questions asked, there will be negative
marking for irrelevant material.
• For acquiring the relevant knowledge don’t rely only on handouts but
watch the video lectures and use other reference books also.
Rules for Marking:
Please note that your assignment will be graded as Zero (0) if:
• It has been submitted after due date
• The file you uploaded does not open or is corrupt
• It is in any format other than .doc (MS. Word)
• It is cheated or copied from other students, internet, books, journals etc…
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)