View more random threads:
- Business Communication (ENG301) Assignment 1 (Spring 2013)...
- CS501 assignment no 2 spring 2011
- PHY301 Circuit Theory Assignment No.1 Spring April 2012...
- Data Ware Housing (CS601) Assignment # 2 fall 2010
- PHY301 Circuit Theory Assignment No.2 Fall Solution 2012
- CS402 Theory of automata assignment #2 has been uploaded
- CS506- Web Design and Development assignment no 1 spring...
- CS506- Web Design and Development assignment no 3
- cs605 assignment no 1 idea solution fall 2011 on 26th...
- CS301 Data Structure fall 2010 second assignment final idea...
CS501 Advanced Computer Architecture Assignment No.2 Solution Spring Semester 2013
Assignment No. 02
Semester: Spring 2013
CS501: Advanced Computer Architecture
Total Marks: 20
Due Date: 06-05-13
Please read the following instructions carefully before assignment submission.
It should be clear that your assignment will not get any credit if:
The assignment is submitted after the due date.
The submitted assignment does not open or file is corrupt.
The assignment is found to be copied from the internet.
The assignment is found to be copied from other student.
The assignment submitted is not according to required file format (.doc).
The objective of this assignment is:
To assess your overall understanding of Register Transfer Language and its notations.
To assess your overall understanding of binary encoding of Computer Instructions.
To assess your overall understanding of how data is being processed in Registers and memory.
The assignment should be in .doc format.
Assignment .02 covers lecture 6-10. You can also consult reference books for help.
Students are advised to submit their assignment as early as possible in order to avoid any sort of inconvenience like Load shedding etc.
Question No 1:Marks 1+1+1+1+1=5
Q. 1. Briefly explain the following Register Transfer Language (RTL) notations:
1) R  ß R  + (-56)
2) R ←R ©R/R
3) R  ß R  ~ R 
4) IO[R +1]ß R]
5) M[R  +13] ß R 
Question No 2: Fill the given table by specifying binary encoded values against each instruction.
ori r2, r4, 9
jnz r1, 
Note: You may write N/A in a cell not relevant to any instruction.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)