View more the latest threads:
- NTS Test for assistant director paper with 5 essay on the...
- Essay writing competition online in Asia 2014 for students...
- Write a story All the glitter is not gold 2014
- Effectiveness of Education Financing for FY 2013-14
- Essay writing compition by Government of Punjab Why water...
- How to Write a Descriptive Essay Online
- Write an essay on Paris recipies 2012-13
- Essay writing competition in Pakistan 2012
- Write an essay on why I love Pakistan (The ideology of ...Write an essay on elections in PakistanMan has conquered time and space, but the Pakistanis, are still hovering in the labyrinth of old traditions and outworn customs. Cast and bradry system has blinded them and they are not able to see the large interests of the country. They do not know their rights and responsibilities. Nor do they realize the sanctity of vote. The selfish and power-hungry politicians take advantage of their simplicity, narrow-mindedness and unruly religious emotions. They exploit and befool them. Sometimes, they try to overawe them. They make tall promises. Many unlettered and illiterate candidates make funny speeches. They promise to do such things within a week as cannot be done even within a century. The foolish and ignorant people bewitched by their tall talks start raising slogans in favour of them. Big posters and handbills are published in which their candidate is presented as a paragon of all virtues and his opponent as an embodiment of all evils. Corner meetings are also held in which speakers praise his wisdom, piety, kind-heartedness, love for religion, sympathy with the down trodden and many other qualities that he does not possess. On the day of election their excitement knows no bounds. Nearby the polling stations, shamanism are installed. Voters are brought to the polling stations on cars, buses, tongas and tractors. There is a great hustle and bustle everywhere. Sometimes voters are served with Zarda Pallow and ice drinks. Candidates with high turbans and big cars shake hands with their victory will change the lot of the lots of people. This campaign of befooling and getting befooled continues till the evening of that day. The dawn of the next morning reveals the truth that they have befooled none but themselves. The man with high turban and big cars starts minting money and building his fortune on the misfortune of the dirty cobbler and the poor milkman.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)