View more the latest threads:
- Write a story All the glitter is not gold 2014
- Effectiveness of Education Financing for FY 2013-14
- Essay writing compition by Government of Punjab Why water...
- How to Write a Descriptive Essay Online
- Write an essay on Paris recipies 2012-13
- Essay writing competition in Pakistan 2012
- Write an essay on why I love Pakistan (The ideology of ...
- Write an essay on the person I like most (My father, my...
- Write an essay on the Kashmir issue between Pakistan and...Write an essay on importance of computer educationOutline:
2. Uses and benefits of computer
3. Internet-our companion and teacher
4. A comprehensive means of acquiring knowledge
5. Combines knowledge with pleasure
6. Situation in Pakistan and other developing countries
7. Conclusion Computers are slowly but steadily creeping into our lives. They have completely changed the complexion of our work and leisure. Now architects design our houses with the help of computers. Our pay bills and utiity bills are prepared by computers. Today scientists, doctors, engineers, musicians, accountants, soldiers, businessmen, banker and almost everybody belonging to any field of life are using them in their day to day work. Even the books we are reading now has been typeset by computer, we can easily predict that within a few years we will come into contact with this fact and intelligent electronic “brain” in every office, on the way to and from work an in the home. Computers are now considered the most effective, accurate and comprehensive means of a acquiring knowledge on any topic. From our computer we can take an aerial tour Disneyland. We can get information from the British Museum Library or from the Library of Congress in America. With the proper equipment we can sit at our computer and communicate with someone any where in the world. We can also use the internet to access vast amount of information including text, graphics, sound and video in any part of the world. With the help of our computers we can send e-mail, receive electronic newsletters even chat with others on line. Computer combines knowledge with pleasure. Play is a natural method of learning about something. Most of the computer programmes are such as teach children different languages and scientific facts through interesting games. By playing these games they learn how to make fantastic graphics, animations and sounds at the touch of a finger. Some programmes are so splendid that they keep kids glued to computers for hours, playing and learning at the same time, the day is not far when computers will replace books becoming the companions and teachers of the generations to come. In spite of the fact that information age has set in due to the invention of computers the situation in Pakistan is not so encouraging. Not only advanced countries like America, Britain, France but also developing countries like India and China have “computerized” themselves by making everything short and precise through computers saving time, money and energy. But in our country Government has not so far opened institutions where people can get computer education nor has it provided proper jobs to the computer experts. The need of the time is that we should use all our resources to spread computers education in the country. The first step in this direction should be the introduction of computer as a compulsory subject at all levels in schools and colleges.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)